Thursday, February 7, 2013

Don't You Know I've Always Loved You

Yesterday as I was sitting and waiting to hear from God, I asked, "Lord, what do you want to tell me today?" This is what came to mind, "Liz, I love you-and have loved you before the beginning of time." As I wrote down those words, a vague feeling came over me that those were lyrics from a song. I didn't know the name of the song, the group who sang it, or any of the lyrics but opened up my computer and typed, "I love you before there was time" into the search engine box. Within a few moments I found the song: "I've Always Loved You" by Third Day.

This is a song that my husband and I used in a video we showed at our wedding reception. I'm sure you've seen similar videos with images of the bride and groom growing up and then beginning their lives together. Well, that's exactly how this song was used. At the time, my brother chose the song, and I'm not sure I even knew who sang it then.

After listening to the song, I immediately downloaded it and have listened to the song maybe 15 times in the last day. The lyrics have ministered to me, even in silents moments when the song was not playing, like a quiet whisper in my ear:

"Don't you know I've always loved you, even before there was time."

Meditating on those words...really listening...has been a healing balm to my spirit. Images from my childhood scroll in time to the music, as if I am seeing my entire life played to a soundtrack.

Don't you know I've always loved you, even before there was time."

Clearly God intended for me to hear this song. I've needed to hear, ached to hear, these very words.

Here is the link, if you'd like to listen to the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment