Friday, April 18, 2014

For I am Yours and You are mine


Tonight as I meditate on Good Friday, I hesitate to think of the gruesome suffering of Jesus. But unlike Hollywood's renditions of violence for the purpose of entertainment, Jesus' suffering was REAL and it was for you and me. One day we will all stand before our Maker. How would you measure up to the holiness of our God? Would you be good enough? I know I would certainly not be good at all, except for the blood of Jesus covering me. So tonight, as I meditate on my Savior, I remember that his gruesome suffering was for me so that I can say, "For I am Yours and You are mine" for eternity. This is love. 

This song "Oceans" has been on my heart for the past week. May you be blessed by the touch of the Holy Spirit as you listen.

God bless-
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment