Tuesday, April 29, 2014

New Beginnings

Today is a momentous day for me. It is the day, I finally finished the journal I started on February 20, 2010. In the past, I could easily fill a journal within about 18 months, but this one was different. The last four years have been rockier with greater periods of struggle and silence, yet, what I would consider, enormous growth and faith. At first, my prayer journal was mostly written prayers. Now my journal is filled with scripture, Words from the Lord, answered prayers, Sermon notes, and lyrics from worship music that God has placed on my heart. My journal is a written evidence of my faith journey and I have referred to it often. Starting a new journal feels like starting a new chapter, and I am hopeful of a new chapter in my life. On that note, I'd love to share with you what I wrote on my first journal entry on February 20, 2010.

"But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine. We wait in hope for the LORD, he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you."

May you blessed as you remember that his eyes are on You. My you place your hope in his unfailing love, for He is your help and shield.

-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment