Thursday, October 2, 2014

I'm not afraid of the big bad...(Fill in the blank)!

Some of you reading this right now are suffering.
How do I know? Because I believe God has brought you to this place for that very reason.

You might be thinking, "Whoa, how can that be possible?" Well it is because I believe in an Almighty and Powerful God who orchestrates life in such a way that there are no coincidences. And while not every single occurrence in this life is deeply and profoundly meaningful, sometimes God, in His great mercy, leads us exactly where we need to be.

Tonight I'm thinking of "the big bad (fill in the blank)." Currently, it's Enterovirus 68, a respiratory illness sweeping across our nation and infecting young children. Yeah, it's a big bad virus...so big and bad that it has led to paralysis and even death. As a mother of young children reading about it is enough to inject heart pounding pure anxiety into my veins. Really.

What's your big bad....fear...illness...suffering?

Back in 2009, I had the biggest baddest "Big C" scare. Oh, it was more than a scare. It was the real deal. Five years later, I am here and healthy by the grace of God. That word "grace" is no small word to throw around. For God truly was heaping grace upon me. A dear friend even told me in prayer, about sensing God pouring grace upon me. I surely needed it. At the time, I felt betrayed by the God who I loved. How could this have happened to me? Why was He not healing me! Why?

Honestly, I'm not sure why, but I do know that God was faithful to me each moment, and showed me His love for me through others. He showed me I could be strong in Him when I felt weak, and I trust He did miraculous things through my weakness.

The message I have for you is this: DO NOT BE AFRAID. As I will tell my daughters, "God is bigger than the boogeyman"--from a popular kids bible story. Do you believe this? Can you believe this? GOD IS BIGGER THAN THE BIG BAD...whatever you are facing right now! Not only that, but He loves you! How do I know? Jesus took on ALL the BIG BAD EVERYTHINGS and He did it for you. He conquered sin and death and rose victorious so we can be victorious! Yes, you can be victorious!

So what about those big bad everythings? "Fear not, for I have redeemed you, I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." Isaiah 43: 1-3



1 comment:

  1. That is beautiful. Your words tugged at heart strings. Thank you for posting and saying things out loud and being transparent. Whoa.

    ReplyDelete